Neo Geo Pocket Flash CartNeo Geo Pocket Flash Cart

WonderSwan Flash Masta – WS/WSC Flash Cartridge

WonderSwan WonderMagic Color

Thanks to a loyal retro gamer, I now have a WonderMagic WonderSwan Flash Cart system in my posession. This should signify the start of the WonderSwan Flash Masta project. You can see a quick picture I took of the kit that just arrived. So far I have very little to say about the project, but it is promising.

Today, I also found out about a new WonderSwan translation project. The Rockkman EXE WS English Translation (MegaMan Battle Network WS English Translation) has recently been released. See the trailer below.

If you want to see more, here’s the “Rockkman EXE WS English Translation: Full Playthrough.”

Comments

1. Mark Wolfe  /  September 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM Reply

CAN’T WAIT!! [actually I can, I’m just sayin’]

2. Olivier Beierlein  /  September 11, 2012 at 4:09 PM Reply

That’s definitely something I’d be interested in! Good luck with the project!

3. Maurizio  /  September 12, 2012 at 7:12 AM Reply

WHAOOOOHHHH !!!!! I didn’t know this flashcart was existing, and luckily you got one to start the project; I have the Wonderswan and now it’s waiting for this amazing piece of hardware. Keep up the good job.

4. Morden  /  September 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM Reply

Finally! With the amount of time I spent whining about a lack of a modern WS flash device, I don’t even need to tell you to sign me up for one of those. I can’t recall the last time I was this excited. Haha.

5. WilsonWad  /  September 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM Reply

Great Notice

6. Theta_Frost  /  September 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM Reply

Fantastic! I’m so excited for this.

7. antinull  /  September 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM Reply

i would love to have both of these devices

8. Michael  /  September 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM Reply

I’m very excited, good luck on the work. I hope it turns out as good as you NGP Flash Cart. I will definitely buy one!

9. sodthor  /  October 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM Reply

Someone is working on a flashcart for wonderswan too, but he does not want to help you :(

http://www.yaronet.com/posts.php?s=112711&p=16 (french)

• Flavor  /  October 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM Reply

I have seen this Yaronet thread before, and I even emailed this guy. Sadly, it sounds like he is not willing to discuss his findings.

10. Lukezab  /  October 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM Reply

GREEEAATTTTTTTTT Finally… I love Wonderswan, and i’m since: the first to terminate the project i buy immediatly… :-))))

• Lukezab  /  March 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM Reply

Hiii,

Have a news for Wonderswan Flash Card? :-)

Thanks and cheers

Lukezab

11. suugiken  /  April 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM Reply

i wait it for long times ago,good luck to you.

• Flavor  /  April 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM Reply

Thanks, Suugiken. It will come. I know it’s slow, but I have confidence.

12. HtheB  /  April 12, 2013 at 8:45 AM Reply

Also waiting for this beauty!
    It’s been a long time ago…
    Hope we will be hearing some news about it soon.

• Flavor  /  April 12, 2013 at 8:52 AM Reply

Wow, I can’t believe that it has been that long since I first posted about this. Time has really been flying by lately. I have a lot going on in my life at the moment. As I have said elsewhere, though, this WonderSwan Flash Cart is still a priority for me. I need to get past a couple major life changes that I feel are just about ready to burst soon. Unfortunately, I’m not ready to discuss these publicly, but they’re not bad. In fact, I see them giving me more opportunity to work on this stuff. The downside is that they are making it so I can’t do much at the moment.

I’d say to tentatively expect big new things this summer.

13. Local Marketing Business System  /  April 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM Reply

Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this website. It’s simple, yet
    effective. A lot of times it’s very hard to get that “perfect balance” between superb usability and visual appeal. I must say you have done a amazing job with this. Additionally, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Internet explorer. Excellent Blog!

14. Godzil  /  April 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM Reply

Hi there,

As you may understand, I’m the other guy that work on a flashcart for the WS. That’s not I don’t want to help on this project, but I have a full time work, and on my side too the project goes more slowly than expected (and with lots of other factor that slowed me)

What I find is currently to slick to be published, it need more test before. I still don’t know how I will release the project, but I think the Bandai clone VHDL will be open sourced, where the flashcard by itself will be not, at least until I got tired of the project. I hope to have more informations in a few weeks or month, the project goes back to high priority (as I want to show part of this stuff in a retro-gaming convention at the end of this year.)

• Flavor  /  May 12, 2013 at 9:39 PM Reply

Thanks for commenting, Godzil. I’m sorry it took me so long to reply. Things are very much in flux for me at the moment, and life has been hectic and abnormal. Hopefully I can announce something about this within a week.

When things settle down again (hopefully soon), I will get this project working. If you would want to share anything, it would help me out greatly. We can discuss specifics of this via email if you wish.

Thanks!

15. Eben Pagans Accelerate  /  May 9, 2013 at 7:53 AM Reply

It’s going to be ending of mine day, however before finish I am reading this fantastic piece of writing to increase my knowledge.

16. dillong123  /  October 17, 2013 at 11:59 AM Reply

would love to know when it comes out please

17. Inbox Blueprint  /  January 6, 2014 at 11:50 PM Reply

Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after going through many of the posts I realized it’s new to me.
    Regardless, I’m certainly delighted I discovered it and I’ll be book-marking
    it and checking back regularly!

18. paco  /  July 14, 2015 at 4:15 PM Reply

Hi all, I’ve just purchased a wonderswan, and I was wondering…
    Is this ever going to be released?
    Thanks!!

• Flavor  /  July 14, 2015 at 4:17 PM Reply

That’s a great question, Paco! All I can say is that we were actually working on it TODAY. I can’t believe that it’s been so long of a project, but it will be worthwhile when it is ready for everyone.

• Paco  /  August 12, 2015 at 4:13 AM Reply

Awesome news!!
        I’ve also aqured a neogeo pocket, so if you could make a bundle with the two flashcarts and cheaper, that would be great, lol.

×

privacy policy.

Your email will never be shared with a third party. We'll only use it to notify you of our launch and of special events taking place in your city. You'll have the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time, immediately, once you receive your first email.