Neo Geo Pocket Flash CartNeo Geo Pocket Flash Cart

GBA Flash Cart & Linker – Flash Advance Xtreme Linker + 128m Carts

Flash-Advance-Linker-Xtreme-With-2-128m-CartsI’ve talked before about these GBA Flash Carts that I have. Here’s a link in case you don’t recall what I’m talking about.

I am now selling them as a bundle with 1 linker and 2 flash carts. Details follow.

I have several of these 128m flash carts, but I only owned 1 linker. I couldn’t sell the carts with a linker, because then I wouldn’t have one. My idea was to sell them pre-programmed, and that’s been going okay. I think there aren’t that many people that need something burnt onto a GBA cart, but some people have taken me up on the offer and have asked me to burn translations and such.

Flash Advance Linker Xtreme BoxedRecently, I was able to find a supplier for the Flash Advance Linker Xtreme USB (and parallel) programmers for these carts. I got one to test for myself, and I was able to get it working on Windows XP using the software and drivers at

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get these working on Win7+ or OSX. I set out to find some info about getting this to work on modern operating systems. For Linux, it seems that will work well. I haven’t tried it, but Sharker has confirmed that it works for him.

I was also able to obtain some source code for a command-line application that works very well under OSX. It was old code, so I had to update parts of it, but I got it working in my OSX Mavericks 10.9.1. I also believe that I can port this software to Windows, but things are getting more and more hectic on my main project. I have not released any of this software yet, but I will work with people that purchase these to get them set up and running on their platforms. My suggestion, though, is that you count on it working under XP, and expect some troubles if you want to do it under anything more modern (hopefully we can work together to get kinks out).

So, you get a GBA linker and 2 128m carts. Operators are standing by. Please click the PayPal link for pricing and shipping costs.

Of course, feel free to comment and let me know what you think of this. Even if you aren’t interested in buying one right now, let me know why not. I really need to figure out if this is something I should make available in larger quantities or not. I also started a quick forum thread about this for anyone that is using these carts/linkers to share their experiences and what software they’re using

1. Pingback: Freeplay Technologies LLC » Blog Archive » Blank GBA Cartridges (GameBoy Advance Flash Carts)

2. Tempy  /  February 21, 2014 at 11:42 AM Reply

I’m personally not interested because the storage is so limited (I used to have something similar for GBC). Especially with the EZFlash IV still being sold. For GB/GBC there’s also the Drag ‘n Derp (unknown availability), and the upcoming Everdrive variant.

• Flavor  /  February 21, 2014 at 11:44 AM Reply

Yes, the 128m carts are all I have available to me. I’m including 3 of them in the bundle to account for this. Thanks for commenting, Tempy!

3. jokker  /  February 21, 2014 at 3:07 PM Reply

It appears the shipping in paypal is set to $50 as well right now.

• Flavor  /  February 21, 2014 at 3:50 PM Reply

I think it’s fixed now. It should have been $10. Thanks.

4. Dishboi  /  February 21, 2014 at 3:27 PM Reply

I clicked the PayPal link and its 50 plus 50 on the ship . Is that correct ?

• Flavor  /  February 21, 2014 at 3:50 PM Reply

I think it’s fixed now. It should have been $10. Thanks.

5. Flavor  /  February 21, 2014 at 3:36 PM Reply

Oh, thanks for the heads-up. I will fix it. It should be $10 on the shipping. Give me a minute.

6. Daniel  /  February 22, 2014 at 5:41 PM Reply

Did you test if these work with a virtualized Windows XP under Windows 7 (either 32 or 64 Bit)?

7. Pingback: Neo Geo Pocket Color Light Install (Frontlight Mod)

8. James  /  May 15, 2014 at 3:58 PM Reply

I’m really interested in this bundle you have but, I see it was posted a while ago. I was just wondering if you still had any available?

• Flavor  /  May 15, 2014 at 4:48 PM Reply

Just quickly, yes I do have bundles available. I update PayPal with available inventory, so if they allow you to buy, that means I have it available.

I just got 5 more GBA linkers, so if anyone else needs them, there’s a limited supply.

I am out of town at the moment, but I will be available early next week to get things ready to send.

9. Nick  /  May 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM Reply

Would it be possible if I could mail you the $60 required for the linker? I don’t have a Paypal, and I’d be cool if I wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of making one.

• Flavor  /  May 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM Reply

Hey Nick. I’ll email you, and we can try to work something out.

10. Cody  /  June 15, 2014 at 12:02 AM Reply

Hey the paypal says sold out im guessing thats not a lie lol

• Flavor  /  June 15, 2014 at 6:52 AM Reply

It’s not a lie. :) I am out of linkers, but there are more on the way. According to the tracking info, I’d guess they’ll be here in a couple days.

11. sinis  /  June 21, 2014 at 8:56 AM Reply

Hey just wondering if they are still available or will be again sometime

12. Saicreed  /  July 7, 2014 at 2:17 PM Reply

I’m wondering how these work exactly. DO you download games and put them onto the flash cart via the tool provided? If you put more than one game at a time on there, will that work, or no?

• Saicreed  /  July 7, 2014 at 2:18 PM Reply

Also, I was curious if you had to have a DS, or if this works on the GBA and GBA-SP as well?

• Flavor  /  July 7, 2014 at 9:46 PM Reply

The GBA carts I have should work fine on the DS. I have a DS, GBA, and GB Micro that I have used them on. I think they would be fine on the SP also, but I have not personally tried. Maybe another user will weigh in.

For your first question, yes. If you use the tools shown here
        then you can put multiple games on a cart. Then you get a menu to choose which game to play. Of course, the games must all add up to less than 128mbit.

13. xRogueShadow  /  September 5, 2014 at 10:23 PM Reply

wheres a good place to buy flash carts of different sizes?

14. John  /  December 15, 2014 at 5:54 AM Reply

Hi, I have a bunch of questions about the bundle, can the seller please email me?

15. Sean  /  December 26, 2014 at 7:31 AM Reply

I would like information on this game boy advance thing too! Sorry you have a nerdy dad trying to figure things out!

16. Nick  /  January 8, 2015 at 11:04 PM Reply

Hey Ed, Regardless of what others are stating about space who cares, I think the value is excellent and most of them have no idea these are the old Style that used to run $130 – $210 (Just for the Cart) opposed to cheap crap like the EZFlash IV these were made to higher quality standard and DO NOT have loading times! It’s just too bad you couldn’t source the 256Mb ones but I’m shocked to see you are getting these to begin with!

And to those questioning its 128Mb ~ 16MB (Zelda Minish Cap will fill the entire cart) other smaller games you can run 2-3 roms on the cart after writing a loader first. It is not drag and drop and most drivers and write software work best on 98 & XP as that was when they were last updated.

Thanks for making this available Ed!

• Flavor  /  January 9, 2015 at 10:10 AM Reply

Thanks, Nick!

To your comment about being shocked that I’m getting these 128Mb carts…

I’m almost out of them, finally. I really don’t have all that many left. It was a one-time only deal for me. The linkers, I think I can keep getting, but it was all a weird deal to begin with. I got the carts, and I had no real way to sell carts without the linkers. Then, I found a guy that had some linkers (or at least can get them). So, when I run out of carts, I could probably still get linkers, but I think nobody wants one without the other.

Maybe I should start selling only 1 or 2 carts with a linker. I don’t know. I don’t think I can get more carts once these are gone. I could look into producing my own, but I think that wouldn’t be worth the effort.

• Nick  /  January 10, 2015 at 12:56 AM Reply

To be honest Ed as for producing your own I wouldn’t bother at this point I believe your more than capable but as you may have noticed KriZZ Is apparently working on an Everdrive GBA so why bother covering the same grounds when new road can be paved. If I’m reading your page right it looks like your working on a cart for the Wonderswan and those are grounds that have yet to be covered!

• Nick  /  January 10, 2015 at 1:12 AM Reply

Oh one last thing about nobody wanting the Linkers, If I can find a way to get this working for the Flash2Advance & EZF Advance carts I think we will have found you a new market, the cables for those carts are impossible to find. I will keep you updated via e-mail

17. Buckley  /  February 18, 2015 at 7:32 PM Reply

Where can I get some linkers? I have 40 f2a cards and NO linkers.

18. Kanken  /  May 19, 2015 at 7:40 AM Reply

Remarkable! Its in fact awesome piece of writing, I
    have got much clear idea concerning from this

privacy policy.

Your email will never be shared with a third party. We'll only use it to notify you of our launch and of special events taking place in your city. You'll have the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time, immediately, once you receive your first email.