I need some ideas for how I’m going to insert my NGP cart into this “linker” device. The pin spacing is the same as PCI, so I got some PCI slots to use in my prototype. The problems are…
- The edge connector needs only be on one side.
- There’s a key in the middle.
- The ends of the cart are closed off (meaning the “socket” needs to be open-ended).
- Breadboarding a PCI socket is a pain.
- There are 18 pins, then a key (spanning 2 pins), and then 18 more pins.
- This socket isn’t available off-the-shelf.
I’m soliciting ideas on how to approach this. I’d like both prototyping ideas and also ideas for a product that users would be okay with.
Here are some pictures to help you get an idea of what I’m up against. The pins pitch/spacing is 0.050 inches or 1.27 mm.